Wednesday, April 22, 2009

That's hardly cool

The X-ray technician poked her her head back in the room, “Did the doctor put screws in your shoulder?”  She had been checking the films she just took to make sure they were okay.  I was fairly sure he used screws, but since I was asleep at the time and no screws were sticking out, I said I wasn’t sure.


A few minutes later, “Oh, it’s okay.  The doctor said he used plastic screws in your shoulder.”  What!  Plastic screws!  Do they even show up on X-rays?


Well, in turns out the don’t.  The best I get is some drilled holes you can see in the clavicle.  (That’s where the plastic screws are holding the cadaver tendon in my bones.)


Good news, my shoulder’s doing as well as the doctor could hope.  Just too bad I don’t have a cool picture making me look like a cyborg.



No comments: